Monday, June 29, 2009

Exciting Times :)

Hi All! I am trying to take the attitude that it is pointless to worry about what I cannot change, and look on the bright sides of my job loss. I have been applying and have even done a bit of interviewing (keep you fingers crossed) but, worse comes to worse, I'll take a bit of time off and then sub. With my summer job and my fabulous job saving this past year, I can afford a "late summer vacation." Of course, I honestly love teaching and would be much much happier with a job. I just have to have faith that there are jobs for people who really really want them.

To focus on the great positive in my life, I officially have a new brother (in law)! Yep, my big sister Ashley just got married :D Our whole family couldn't be happier about it all - this wedding has been a long time in the making (around 2 years engaged) and I know they will be so happy together. It was the perfect day down on the southern california coast - the best that area's seen in over a month. So, congrats to my sister :)












3 comments:

Glenn Jones said...

Beautiful pics! Looks like everyone had a great time.

Dana Point is my guess...

Gretchen said...

Way to stay positive Addy! I'm going through the interview process myself. Tough time to be a teacher in CA, I guess. Don't forget that you are still a teacher, regardless of employment. Jobs come and go. It's stressful, yes, but not the end of the world.
Looks like a beautiful wedding. Have you picked a date yet?

Jean said...

What a fun occasion. And my goodness, what a view for a wedding! That looks like it was a spectacular time.

And all the best to you in your job search, Addy. I have no doubts that someone with your drive and determination will come though! Good luck to you!