Thursday, November 07, 2013

Early Morning Run

After being fairly lucky the last few weeks, I got bit by the insomnia bug last night, up from 3-5 with choppy sleep after that (and trouble initially falling asleep to boot). So when I woke up at 6:40, I didn't want to do much more than sleep for another day, but I'd been having some nightmares, and knew I wouldn't be getting any more restful slumber. I also knew that my plan of going to the gym after work would probably be shot, since I knew I was going to be even more than normally exhausted.

So, I made a better choice. I threw on some (increasingly tighter) running pants and a long sleeved shirt and headed out the door. Ed decided to walk the first block with me so he could get the mail (and we could spend some nice time together) and then I was off! I decided to ambitiously do a longer loop I haven't done since we first moved here (And I was overwhelmed by the crazy heat), so doing it in the 40s was a totally different experience.

All told, I was out there about 30 minutes and completed about 2 miles. I probably ran over half of it, and felt pretty darn good the whole time! I'm really viewing this new adventure as my next training goal, and so far it's been quite motivating. We'll see how long it lasts :).

No comments: