Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween Running!

Happy Halloween! We are going to have a gorgeous day today - high of 77 and a low of 46. I woke up early (awake a little after 5am, and couldn't fall back asleep, so I got up about 5:45) which meant I got to watch the gorgeous day unfold. Clear sky with that crispness you can almost see. It doesn't feel that long ago that our lows were in the 80s; what a change!

With tutoring after school and trick or treaters probably starting to come by not long after I get home, I was a bit puzzled on how I could get in some activity today. Until I realized I should just go back to basics. So I threw on some workout clothes (Halloween appropriate), laced up my running shoes, and headed out the door.


Yes, it's been a long time since I've run outside. The heat plus all the nerve pain stuff has made it super challenging. However, I have been doing some running at the gym and knew I'd be keeping it short, with some walking thrown in. I ran a bit over a block, walked a few blocks, and followed that pattern for the rest of the "run," arriving back home a bit more than 10 minutes after I started. Barely anything, but I figure I should be cautious to start, and make sure the baby is happy with this new activity :). 

Still, that all over buzz your body feels when it's all toasty warm in cool, crisp air is fantastic. I'd forgotten how wonderful that feels! I've so missed running, especially outside, and I'll take that 10 minute chunk any day. So long as the rest of the day leaves me feeling just as great, this may become a daily occurrence!


Hope you all have some great Halloween runs!

No comments: