Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Small Vent

Before I launch into my hopefully enjoyable and fun post about my favorite place of our family trip, I have to vent for a tiny bit on my frustration with my leg. I went to the doctor's hoping to get an appointment that would show what was wrong with me. However, apparently the MRI I thought would be a solution isn't going to help me. Apparently "no one gets leg mris". The doctor still thinks its a back problem, which I'm not sure I buy, but I obviously don't have the answer. She did agree to get me a back MRI and a leg ultrasound, but at this point, I have no idea when I'll be able to do those.

My doctor is 40 minutes away in the middle of the mountains, and her referrals for the testing are all over the hill in Santa Cruz (a 45 minute drive). Next week I have teaching orientation every day but wednesday, and during those full days of training (and the 'day off') I need to somehow transform the storage room that is my classroom into a real classroom. It's been the dumping ground for years and is totally inadequate right now for teaching. Since I was there last, they removed both my blackboards leaving ugly unpainted empty walls that I need to somehow make pretty. I don't have enough desks, and very little supplies. I also just learned I might only have textbooks for every other student. I feel like I really need to focus on teaching things, so I'm really unsure if I'm even going to have time to deal with my leg for a while.

I'm just not really sure what to do....I am so sick of being constantly in pain and I miss running (or even being regularly active) so much, but I just don't know that I can make any progress right now. Plus, of course, I'm getting new insurance in a week or so, and will have to start all over again.

*sigh* okay.....all done with the venting. Today was just a very overwhelming day, as the true difficulties of being a first year teacher are starting to sink in, and more or less wasting hours getting to and from the doctors for possibly nothing was just too much.

Luckily, tomorrow I go camping with ed for a long weekend at Lake Chabot in Oakland, so he can try out the course for the PCTR Redwood 50k, since his first 50k is in less than a month!!!! (I"m soo happy and proud for him :) )

1 comment:

Sarah said...

: ( I understand what you are going through 100%. Hopefully you can arrange the tests and get some answers. And perhaps with your new insurance, you'll find some new (better and more convenient!) resources. Hang in there!
: )