Monday, July 19, 2010

Back and Ready to Blog

Hi again everyone! Ed and I have returned from what was a truly wonderful honeymoon to Europe. We had wonderful food, drinks, and scenery each and every day. On the running front, it ends up we were a bit overly ambitious. Apparently, lots of full fat foods, combined with high heat and humidity, mean that I feel very heavy when I try to run :P. So, only 3 runs (13, 10, 4) but I'm okay with that. In Siena, we walked at least 6 miles every day, and in Germany, we rode bikes and went on a 9 mile, arduous hike to the top of a mountain in the Alps. Consequently, my marathon plans have changed, and I'm now shooting for a more reasonable (in terms of time from now and predicted heat during the event) Silicon Valley marathon October 31st, that is right by my house. This lets me slow down with my ramp up in mileage and get back on track :).

Now that I'm back, it's time to record the last few weeks, so that years from now I can look back and remember what made this time in my life so great. Bear in mind, while there is some running involved in the posts to come, it will be within a small supporting role. But, I have lots of beautiful pictures which should make up for the different content :).

I'm doing things choronologically, which means, I'll be starting with the wedding weekend and then moving onto Europe.

I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back!

You should consider the Bizz Johnson Marathon. Think Strawberry Canyon firetrail in southern Cascades (near Lassen) during the height for fall foliage.

Just sayin'.

Oh, yeah, and my wife and I will be there, too. :)