Saturday, September 22, 2007

Hmm....


Well, I'm still sick (a cold that caught up with me Monday night, apparently in response to the 50k?) and yet I'll be making the 2 hour drive at 6 in the morning tomorrow to Mt. Diablo to try my hand (or feet, as it were) at completing the Diablo Marathon course with Ernesto and one of his running friends. Now, Diablo still stands in my mind as the hardest thing I have ever attempted in my life, so I'm questioning my sanity a bit. It actually has more elevation in it than Dick Collins, which is almost twice as long! Still, Ernesto promises it to be awesome training, and part of me is really eager to revisit this course, and see if maybe it seems any easier this time around :)

After this, I am definitely going to be ready to taper!

5 comments:

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Yes after this taper!!

Have a fun day Addy & Hope ur
feeling a little better, the trails/views/fresh air will heal ur cold :-)

Sarah said...

Hope you're having a great day out on the mountain!

Miki said...

I was just mentioning to my friend today that I would rather do Mt. Diablo twice than do Big Basin once. Hope you had a good time. That mountain has shown me nothing but good times.

Rick Gaston said...

Fall Diablo 50k was my second ultra back in 2002. It was hot and hard. I was so traumatized by the experience I didn't come back until last year even then I had butterflies at the parking lot. I'm scared of the "devil mountain".

Journey to a Centum said...

I'm sure you crushed Mt. Diablo! Hope your cold is getting better. Hydrate and keep the rust off with some nice 4-8 mile runs during your taper.

Cheers!