Thursday, July 12, 2007

Ack...8 Days!

How on earth did it sneak up so quickly? Surely the race is still farther away than that?!?

I'm leaving for Tahoe in just 3 days now, which is somewhat mindblowing. I can't believe it's almost here!

____

In other news, I went on my first UCSC run and didn't get too badly lost, though I did end up with a mile more than planned. On this run I saw two deer and, slightly more exciting, a racoon! I went down onto a trail only to come face to face with the furry guy (okay it was probably 20 ft away or so, but it was close!) I looked at him, he looked at me, and I decided to give him his space and run the other direction for a bit. When I came back, he was gone :)

The one thing I don't like about running here is that I don't know where anything is, I don't have any normal route, and, a big one, there are definitely mountain lions around. Signs are posted all over campus and my roommate told me she has sometime heard them prowling around near the apartments at night! Not exactly reassuring. Added to that is the danger of two legged creatures in the forest, which apparently are somewhat prevalent as well. After tahoe I need to really look into either finding a trail group or, a la Jessica, make my own!

Off to do an easy 3 (ah tapering...)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with Tahoe !!!! You will do just fine !!!!

Tazz

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Best Wishes Hun at Tahoe, ur Ready!! and please be careful with ur local trails, good idea to find a running group or create ur own..

Give it Your Very BEST if u want to ADD this to ur mp3 player, could be a good kick in the butt if u neeed it for Tahoe:-) ..that Dang Coach got me running harder & more focused--LOL

Cya

Phil said...

Best of luck in Tahoe. Looking forward to a great race report.

Adelyn said...

Thanks guys!

Bob- I would add the video, as it's super inspirational, but I have no idea how to do that :(

Kim said...

Wow, Tahoe is coming right up..what happened to summer?

Rest up and eat well this week!!
and sleep!