Saturday, July 21, 2007

I did it!



After 9 hours and 5 minutes (and some seconds) I finished my first ultra, all 32 some miles of it :) It was fabulous, faster than my trail marathon time by 5 minutes, and the most amazingly beautiful run I have ever done! I had hoped to finish in 10 hours (between 10 and 14) so the 9:05 was just fabulous. I'm so incredibly thrilled. I had such a blast! I also took about 200 photos, so there will be lots to share. It was really just breathtaking (and not just because we went up to 9000 ft ;) )

I got to meet Scott Dunlap and Gretchen finally, and last I heard, both were doing amazingly. Scott was an hour ahead of schedule after the first 50 miles and we saw him head out going strong. Gretchen was apparently also doing awesome! I Can't wait to see how they do :)

So, a real report will arrive sometime this week, but suffice to say I'm thrilled beyond words and so glad to finally be a bonified member of the ultra community :)

Thanks everyone for all the support. You guys are awesome!

16 comments:

Josh said...

WOOHOOOO! Your an official ultrarunner now! I know it is such a relief for you to finish this race after so much waiting and training! Faster than your trail marathon!! You are so awesome. Wow, that course is way more difficult than any 50k I've ever done! Congratulations, I'm not at all surprised by how well you did. I knew you were going to do great, and you did!

Sarah said...

You rock, Addy! That's just awesome. I knew you'd do well and enjoy every minute! Can wait to read your full report and see the pics. Welcome to the family! : )

Backofpack said...

Congratulations! What a huge smile!

Bob - BlogMYruns.com said...

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Way to go Addy, Very Cool and look forward to ur report & photos!!

Big FL "Hot & Humid & sticky"-lol Congrats!! Recover Well :-)

Kim said...

Great!! Congratulations!!! Cannot wait to hear all the details!!!

Soapin' Cindy said...

Yeah!!! You did it and did it so well! Fabulous job.

Phil said...

Just an amazing run Addy. Can hardly wait for the full report. You've now joined an elite group of runners. Not everyone can finish a 50k .. but you have!

Jessica DeLine said...

CONGRATS again!! It was cool to see you out there along with that great smile! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome ultrarun Addy! I knew you would rock. Your smile said it all.
I hope to get a report from your Dad soon. Congrats Ultra girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your first ultra, Addy. Way to run great on a tough 50k course! Thought I might see you out there, but no such luck.

-Jasper

Unknown said...

anticipating your report, addy!!!

congratulations on your first ultra! woot woot!!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

-Dave from Atlanta

Dubs said...

Congratulations - and way to smash your goal!! Look forward to seeing the pics! Gotta ask - do you wear a fule belt to hold the camera? Trying to figure out how you manuver that one - but glad you did so we can see!

Anonymous said...

yay Addy - congrats! you did AWESOME!

Jamie Anderson said...

Nice job! Welcome to the whacky world of ultras.

Adelyn said...

Thanks everyone for the welcome and congrats!!!

Dusty- I have the UD Wink as my hydration pack which has fabulous front pockets perfectly situated for the carrying of a camera :) I'd highly recommend it! And that's been the easiest way I've found to have one on the go. Takes a bit of practice to photograph while running, but you get the hang of it :D