Saturday, March 24, 2007

Just a quick recap for now, I'll do a better race report when I have more time, but the 30k this morning actually went great, despite my fears :)


(Self Portrait after the race, back in Berkeley!)

My overeating on thursday punished me today by making my stomach off for the whole race! Almost the entire 18 miles I had some kind of side ache, though it did get better after the first few miles. It was a beautiful course though, even though it was incredibly foggy and cold. We missed out on the spectacular views that usually grace the course ("I think the golden gate bridge is somewhere over there...hmm...") but it was still pretty great.

I got clicked in with some 50k runners right away, since they did the 30k first and then the 20k, so that was great to have company the whole time. Because of the sideache I had to go super slow (lots of walking) but my legs never felt too tired, which was great. Finished in a super slow 4 hours (lots and lots of walking) but considering how sick I've been the past few weeks, I'll take it :) It was a beautiful course and a beautiful day and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. It was also great to meet and re meet some familiar faces. I finally met Terry, who I've been chatting with in the internet world for a while now, which was really fun, and I got to talk to Gail again, who I had run woodside with a few months prior. I even ended up running with her husband for the last 4 miles of the race. And my friend, Jenny, came along and did the 20k in a super fast 2:18! It was so great to have a friend to share this experience with :) More details of everything to follow!

My lovely dirt sock tan (and blood blister) The beautiful feet of a trail runner :)

1 comment:

RSD_Terry said...

Addy,

Great picture. You look really happy, despite the feet, the weather, and the side ache.

It was great to finally meet you. I hope we can align the stars to allow us to meet up again sometime. Next time, we should try to get more time to chat, too.

Congratulations on the 4hr finish time. That was a really tough course and you should be very proud that you had such a good run.

Have a great Spring Break and I'll talk to you later.

--Terry