Monday, March 26, 2007

Mmm...Best Meal Ever!




So, while I'm sure the amazingness of this meal had a lot to do with how hungry I was when I made it, it still deserves to be noted, because it was really great (and healthy!)


1 c. Brown Rice (cooked)
1/4 c. Water chestnuts
1/2 c. Snap Peas
1/2 c. Assorted Broccoli, Cauliflower, and broccolini
Red Pepper flakes (to taste)
Garlic (to taste)
Lemon Juice (to taste)
Soy Sauce (to taste)
4 oz. Chicken
Lots of Pickeled Ginger


I get the boil in a bag rice, which makes for easy cooking there. I steamed the broccoli mix and added it to the chicken, water chestnuts, and snap peas in a skillet. I then added a generous tablespoon full of garlic, a sprinkle of the red pepper flakes, the juice from half a lemon, and some cooking spray and sauted it all together. After I got the flavers going, I sprinkeled it all with soy sauce. Then I just mixed it all together and added a large portion of pickeled Ginger on top. Added some extra soy sauce, and it was ready to be eaten.



It made a ton of food, was super filling, and was nice and healthy. In all regards, a success :)

2 comments:

RSD_Terry said...

Yum! Nice running and weight loss food. You're just having too much fun on vacation, aren't you?

--Terry

Adelyn said...

Oh, but I am :)