Thursday, April 12, 2007

99 days!!

According to my TRT countdown, I'm now less than 100 days from my first 50K. I'm also 51 days from San Diego RNR Marathon and one month and one day from college graduation :) Lots of good stuff coming up!

Today was a great day. I turned in my second paper, and am reveling in having no homework assignments hanging over my head. My thesis still needs a lot of work, but I nevertheless have 40 pages written and plenty of ideas to talk about :)

Went for a very nice run after class up on the firetrail. I felt out of shape for the beginning (the hills didn't help) but it was such a beautiful day that it was impossible not to feel great out there. It was one of those perfect bay area days, 60s temperature and crisp clear sky. From the trail I had an amazing panoramic view of berkeley, the bay, mt. tam, the golden gate, and san francisco. I felt so lucky to have been able to be out there!

With my newfound time I was finally able to get back to the gym to do strength training after work, and it was really wonderful. I walked at a slight incline on the treadmill for 2.1 miles while reading Running Times (forgot my book so I decided to buy a magazine and this seemed like the best choice), did lots of stretching and relaxing (they have a room just for stretching at the gym in one of the raquetball court rooms where the lights are off. Its really nice!). Then I did 100 crunches and 40(!) pushups :) Considering about a month ago I could barely do one, this is great progress. Granted, it was 5 sets of 8, so not 40 at once, but its still a very exciting step. Push-ups make me feel strong! Then I did my normal 6 weight lifting things. All in all spent about 2 hours there, and it was great.

I decided to celebrate having such a great day by stopping by the store and picking up some salmon. Had salmon, lots of zucchini and squash, 1/2 an avocado, and cherry tomatoes for dinner. Absolutely heavenly :)

And I get to sleep in tomorrow

Life just doesn't get much better!

2 comments:

RSD_Terry said...

...and now the nerves start to build, eh? Wow! I think graduation is probably the worst of all of those.

Good luck there, and I'll see you in a few weeks for the Diablo run.

--Terry

Meagan said...

Hoooray for no homework looming over your head! I'm pretty swamped right now. It'll let up after finals, haha. You're so close to graduation and numerous other great things! =)

And that dinner sounds great!