Saturday, April 28, 2007

Tomorrow...

(the race day outfit, ready for tomorrow!)

Well, the bags are packed (and I do mean plural....I have so much stuff to take with me!) and I'm as ready as I'm going to be.

Decided to go with just one drop bag to leave at Juniper Campground, which is accessible at miles 6 and 16. Figured it would be a good idea to leave a handheld, just in case I decide that I hate the bouncing waist pack, as well as some food. That also leaves the option of dropping off things if I decide that I've brought too much with me (which may well be the case!)

At this point I'm just really tired and ready to sleep. Didn't sleep well last night because of nerves, so I'm hoping tonight will be somewhat restful. I'm super excited to try out all my gear tomorrow and see how it all works.

I had my roommate take the traditional pre-marathon photo (after I tried on everything to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything), and she commented that I sort of look like a superhero, and that perhaps, I sort of am one :) Sort of funny, but, with those gaiters on, I'll admit I did feel slightly superheroesque.

I have no idea how tomorrow will go, but I'm optimistic. I keep telling myself that DFL is better than DNF, and both are much better than DNS. I'm hoping to just have an amazing time enjoying a day out in nature. We should have some amazing views from the summit that I'm really looking forward to.

Wish me Luck!

2 comments:

RSD_Terry said...

Addy, we certainly had a great time. Thanks for hanging in there with me all day. It was great to finally make it to the finish line, though, wasn't it? ;-)

You did a great job and we couldn't have asked for a better day for this run. I'll work on getting some photos uploaded this week.

Jessica DeLine said...

How'd you do???