Friday, April 20, 2007

Miwok Bound!




No, I'm not insane and attempting to run 100k in a few weeks ;) I'm going to be volunteering at the Pan Toll aid station between 11:30 am and 6:30 pm, to get a feel for the ultra community and try to give something back :). It'll be really cool to see (and hopefully help!) all the great runners out there. From what I've heard, the front runners will be coming through that station around noon, so I'll have time to get the feel of it before they get there. Some day I want to run this race, but for now I'm excited to be able to see it from the sidelines.


(Photo Courtesy of Don Lundell)

So, if you're running or volunteering, let me know! I'll see you all out there :)

3 comments:

Journey to a Centum said...

You will have a great time helping out at Miwok! Be careful hanging around that ultra crowd. They are very alluring. I fell into it while training for a marathon. My ultra running buddy Rob convinced me to run two 10 mile laps of a three lap ultra with him. I was going to run 20 miles that day anyway so I said "what the heck"! That's the day I was introduced to all these really incredible athletes. After finishing the second lap I could not imagine how anyone could even consider going for a third. I was in awe. Guess I got the bug that day and that summer I went out and ran a 50 miler.

You are in so much trouble! I mean you have so much to look forward to. Have fun, I know each and every runner you assist will be grateful for your help.

Backofpack said...

Hey Addy, thank's for stopping by! Yeah, Eric's right. Guess where I caught the bug - I mean, I've got Eric and Rob to contend with. I've crewed for Rob at CCC100, and for Eric and Rob at 50 milers, and have now managed two 25k trail runs. It is hard and it is awesome. Have a great time volunteering!

RSD_Terry said...

Hey Addy, that's awesome that you'll be volunteering. One of these days I'm going to run MiWok. Perhaps when I get a bit faster. ;-)

--Terry